Banners of the City Historical Museum

This project has restored part of the nineteenth century banners that comprise the MHC collection and was carried out by SARAU Culture Agency, sponsored by Petrobras Cultural Program 2006/2007.

Among the pieces restored by the team of Casa Atelier, under the coordination of Maria do Carmo Oliveira there are the Chamber of Senate banner – used at the Portuguese Royal Family reception in 1808, and the banner of the Society in Commemoration of Brazil's Independence, 1822.

The final restoration was celebrated with an exhibition at the Republic Museum.